Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Geometric Sets 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

new1catia

Aerospace
Dec 25, 2008
US
I would like to start using Geometric Sets and have created one in a part however I do not know how to set it up so the part body is visible and the reference geometry is placed in the Geometric Set when created. I know this can be done because when I work in an existing file and create a plane it goes into the geometric set. I also noticed that a plane in a Geometric Set does not appear to be visible in the graghics area and the geometric set and the plane are not hidden.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

wireframe & surface data will always go in a geometric set, or an ordered geometric set, unless the body is a hybrid body

the fact that the reference geometry is not visible suggests that the only current body option (on tool toolbar) is set and the current body is not the geometeric set containing the geoemetry

There are many other ways of disapearing geometry and not having it in no show (layers/visualisation filters, masks, etc.)

Hi, you can right click on desired entity (Geometrical Set/ Part Body) and say Define In work Object, everything you do/build afterwords goes in the defined entity. Note that you can Hide/Show Geometrical and Sets/Part Bodies as well as constructive elements (points, lines, sketches, planes etc ). You can also work with the Swap Visible Space option saying Center Graph on the desired element thus changing it's status Hidden or Shown.

Hello and thanks,

The problem I have if I set the Geometric Set to Define in work Object (if the Geometric set is following the part) is the part is no longer visible so if I want to use a surface of the part for a plane it is not visible. If the Geometric set is before the part body then everything goes into the Geometric set and I would like the sketch of a feature to be with the feature.

Thanks,
Rich

I would suggest you change a couple settings. First, make sure Hybrid Design is switched off. This will make all geometry elements be created within your geometric set. To do this, go to Tools>Options>Infrastructure>Part Infrastructure>Part Document and make sure "Enable hybrid design..." is unchecked.

Second, change the display setting: Tools>Options>Infrastructure>Part Infrastructure>Display, uncheck all the options under "Display in Geometry Area." These options are restrictive, causing less to be displayed on screen. This should make it so the geometry is always shown, regardless of what is the In Work Object.

It's worth some time to explore all the different options within Catia, as this will clarify many issues.

Cheers,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back