Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GEOPAK Necessary? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruise

Civil/Environmental
Jan 13, 2012
US
Hi all,
I work in the construction testing/geotechnical engineering industry, and I am the main drafter for my company. I've got quite a bit of Microstation experience, but I was wondering if GEOPAK was necessary. I don't do much with ODOT (Ohio DOT) projects, but I do a lot with soil boring plans and soil profiles.

Some thoughts/opinions/advice would absolutely be appreciated! Thanks. :)

-Shannon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

scruise, why do you feel like you need GEOPAK. Do you need some terrain modeling options? volumes, contours etc.

The soon to be release MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3) will have a built in terrain modeler in the platform product. No GEOPAK or InRoads required.

If I were you I would be looking at gINT from Bentley if you dont already have it.
IMHO you don't have to purchase the full version of GEOPAK there is Site that you could purchase at a lower cost.

HTH,
Bob Mecham

Training | Consulting | Programming
Facebook: Twitter: Youtube:

We already have gINT. I was hoping for some terrain options, and I didn't see much on it anywhere other than GEOPAK. I just took a look at the new v8i release, and now I can't wait.

Thanks for the quick response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back