Geoslope VS Geostudio

Status
Not open for further replies.

longisland

Geotechnical
Sep 25, 1999
MY
Hi,
I'm a Geoslope Version 4 user & I tried my friend's Geostudio 2004. There are quite a few changes in the 2004 version notably the output files are reduced to one file. I imported a version 4 project to the 2004; the results were okay in Bishop Method but the FOS were way off when I used Morgenston-Price Method. The FOS in my version 4 was 1.57 & the 2004 version was 4.5. Has anyone experience this problem when upgrading the software because it's a major cause of concern considering I am planning to upgrade a new version.

Thanx in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

longisland,

Suggest you contact directly. When I was using Slope/W, they were very good about providing technical support - including assistance with how to model certain conditions. I am sure that if you indicate your intention to upgrade that they would be pleased to track down the difference you discovered and the reason for it.

Jeff

Longisland,

Please send us your version 4 file by email to support@geo-slope.com. One of our engineers will run your file in version 6 and report back to you on their findings.

We are pleased to provide this to you as part of our free Personal Service.

Sincerely,

J. Paul Bryden, MBA
Sales & Marketing Manager

GEO-SLOPE International Ltd.
1400, 633 - 6th Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta
Canada T2P 2Y5
403.266.4851 fax
403.269.2002 main
866.297.7931 toll-free

Status
Not open for further replies.