Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting error in Cpress Data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadtush

Mechanical
Jan 30, 2020
MY
Hello everyone. I previously posted about my project on this forum and with help from here I solved that problem. I am studying fretting behaviour of a dovetail joint of gas turbine engine blade for my final year project in college, for that I modelled a 2D cross section of the actual joint. But now the problem I am facing is when I want to extract Contact Pressure data( CPRESS), the graph I am getting is a flat line. Where I am supposed to get an round shape figure ( image attached as FIGURE 1). Can someone please help me what did I do wrong on my model? For comparison I'm providing an working model( attached as WORKING MODEL 1) along with my model( attached as PROBLEM_CPRESS_MODEL_1).
Thank you in advance, would really appreciate if someone could help me out in this :(

All the files are inside the file given in the link.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=cbe8b313-d098-43af-a1f5-cdce53846e35&file=File_Collection.rar
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If the contour plot of contact stress/pressure looks correct (you can compare it with Hertz contact benchmarks) then probably you are making some mistake when defining a path or when creating XY data from it. Did you check the "Include intersections" box ?

The demo model which showing CPress data, I followed exactly as the same in my model. To Explain more i'm attaching another screenshot of my pathline. And I did check the "Include intersection box" as well. My supervisor said if I followed the model he provided mine should work too. I did exactly the same , but still its not working. With my little knowledge on this I just couldn't figure out what and where I did wrong exactly.
Annotation_2020-02-10_121947_pwld2z.jpg

I checked your model and I see that there’s no load defined and thus you get zero stress/pressure as a result. Besides that make sure that you switch to Undeformed when creating XY Data from path.

@FEA way . Hi there again. Managed to get my contact pressure plot with your help. But I still need to plot subsurface stress based on this model. Tried youtube and other online platform, but nowhere it seems to have a proper direction on how to do so. Was hoping if you can at least direct me how to plot that. I'm adding a screenshot of the plot with this comment, which is from my supervisor's thesis.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7dacfb88-877d-4499-852c-2beebd000f32&file=Annotation_2020-02-17_221313.jpg
The plot that you attached is basically stress value vs position at a path defined along Y axis. It features curves for X and Y components of stress tensor. So you should follow the same procedure as before (define path and create XY data for it) but this time the path should go below the surface (hence subsurface stress). And instead of CPRESS use proper stress components (S11 and S22).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back