Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Getting GPM to run again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franklin M.

Aerospace
Jan 20, 2018
US
Hi Y'all ( I was going to say guys, but in our current world that would offend some one... so y'all it is.)

I once saw a post explaining how to run GPM (32 bit) in newer versions after support died, you had to create a folder, move the files for GPM there, create a system environment variable to point to them or something along those lines. I searched for the post but I wasn't successful. I may have seem it on a different forum even. But if anyone could share the info I'd appreciate it.

Now for a couple of laughs for some of you. I'm currently using NX6 still to do side work, that's when I stopped maintenance. I use 2306 in my full time job. In some of the posts I reviewed there were complaints about having to move to Postbuilder/NXpost from GPM, now Postbuilder/NXpost is gone and PostConfigurator has raised it's ugly head. (which still doesn't function correctly with "LOCK AXIS"). Seeing these changes caused me to think I've been doing this way too long...

Any help that may show up will be appreciated.

Franklin
UG 10,13 & 18
NX 1,2,4,6,11,12,1899 & 2206
NCL502 (yep I love Sequential Mill)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Don't have an answer for utilizing GPM again, but I took a UGPost class in Cypress at V16 days, before PostBuilder was released. We were modifying theb TCL code directly to get the output we needed. Used GPM for many years before that, started UG2 at V3 and used it through V18/NX1.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Thanks for the reply. I need GPM for a special project (repost an old part). I'll continue to look.

Franklin
UG 10,13 & 18
NX 1,2,4,6,11,12,1899 & 2206
NCL502 (yep I love Sequential Mill)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back