Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost images

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesBarlow

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2002
US
I have been having a very odd problem that athough does not stop me from using SE, it does make it difficult.

The problem arrises when I am creating features on a part. For example say I have a block that I want to put a threaded hole in. When I am in the hole environment I will clock on the hole command and move it to place. Durring this move the hole leave behind a ghost image of itself everywere it goes. It kind of makes a trail of holes. I will place the hole then resize the view. All I am left with then is the hole, right were I placed it. If I go to add a dimmension the same thing happens. The dimmension value and line leaves a ghost image everywere it goes. I resize, and all I have left is the dimmension, right were I placed it.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there anything I can do about it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your graphics board does not refresh frequently. you can look at the properties of the card (how much memory?). Look for a new driver or ask your reseller. (the way)

You can always hit F5 to refresh your screen (bad way)
greetings Henk

Hi,

Try turning down the hardware acceleration on your video card. Right click on the desktop and it's under:

Properties > Advanced > Troubleshooting

Set the slider one tick to the left and check to see if SE is any better. Keep going, one tick at a time, until it's OK. You'll have to start a new session each time you move the slider.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Before you turn down the hardware acceleration, how is Solid Edge setup. Under the Tools|Options menu, click on the View tab. There are pull-down options of Graphics Card, Backing Store, or Software driven. You are probably on Graphics Card. Try switching to Backing Store.

If that helps, its time for new drivers or a new graphics card. But you can run on Backing Store for as long as you can afford. You'll just see a slight delay after rotating or moving objects for the screen to refresh.

--Scott

--Scott

For some pleasure reading, try FAQ731-376

James,

What you are seeing is VERY typical of ATI Rage-128 cards, and even the low-end FireGL series. If you have an ATI graphics adaptor in your machine, I would recommend investigating other options (nVidia Quadro-FX for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back