Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Given Matrix not from required part error during replace component

Status
Not open for further replies.

crecore

Mechanical
Mar 11, 2010
US
What causes the error during replace component where the component is excluded from the replacement operation because the "Given matrix is not from required part."

This is not consistently repeatable so I have not called GTAC.

NX 9.0.1.3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This probably doesn't answer your question but, since I've being using 8.5(last 30 days), I'm getting the same error "Given matrix is not from the required part" while trying to create lines and circles in sketch mode.

Wow, that situation is even worse! I would try resetting your dialogue memory under File/All Preferences/ User Interface/ General. I will warn that a lot of your "set them and forget them" toggles and preferences on individual commands that are not controlled by templates, etc. will be reset to out of the box. This is unfortunate but it has solved some weird issues for us.

NX 9.0.1.3

Hi,

I got around this problem , by unchecking remember relationship button.. Siemens said the same thing.. This is fixed in next version of the software.

Facing the same issue here. NX 9.0.1.3

The problem while unchecking the "Maintain Relationships" is the assembly constraints are lost.

Anyone else ? (Don't want to try to reset my dialog boxes)

Thanks

"My english is bad ? That's why i'am french."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back