Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global/external parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamnotsure

Military
Aug 23, 2019
CH
Bonjour,

I am trying to set up a set of parameters - let's say "global" parameters, on a master-product level.
I would like to be able to link some dimensions on parts level to those "master", "external", "global" parameters. All what I have found online is to use the "external" parameters. My problem is I do not see option such "As Result With Link" special paste in any of levels of my part:

part.level_mce4de.png

part.level.-1_akr2ke.png

part.level.-2_zhg8vi.png

I am copying the parameters from a master-product level. Is that correct?
Is there any other way to have something like "global parameters" that I can use all across parts in the product?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

maybe your system is restricted to link to publications only. so you need to publish those global params first.
Another way would be to create a Skeleton part with the global parameters and perhaps other support geo valid throughout your assy.

regards,
LWolf

well, yes. but check your CATIA options first, tools-options-Infrastructure-partInfrastructure-general-"restrict external selection with link to published elements"

regards,
LWolf

Yes, so it is "locked", I assume it is locked by my CATIA system "administrator" and I would need to ask support to release it. Many thanks!

123_tczvlc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back