Globe valve standard clarification 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARAK25

Mechanical
May 11, 2007
AU
Hi

I am buying 2" globe valve from a supplier. Our datasheet refers to design as per BS1873 whereas the supplier is offering design as per API607.
Which specification is stringent? Can some one throw some light?

Honestly I am struggling to read through both standard but it is certainly taking plenty of time to comprehend and interpret the standards.

The supplier says BS is outdated which is not the answer i expect but i need to know what the technical difference is between the two standards.

Thanks for your timely help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ARAK,
I recognize this thread is dated, but it might still be helpful to add my comments. (BTW, you re-attached the original cut sheet and not a summary of the differences.)
A 2" forged globe valve may comply with both BS 1873 and API 602. Sometimes you have to get to the right person (engineer or product manager) at the manufacturer to get that answer. But you may also find it in the published catalog. In my experience, API 602 has always been accepted in lieu of other specs in these type of valves. Commercially I doubt you would find a small bore forged globe marketed to BS 1873, at least in the US. You would find cast globes marketed to BS 1873, even though the US market should now be standardizing to the newer API 623.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back