Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good Civil Engineering References 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomirage

Civil/Environmental
Oct 4, 2003
Hello Every One,
I am look for civil engineering references (books specially). What i really want is where i can get to see the different divices use in the civil world (most water resources). Piping divices, drainages, stormwater structures, like valves, weir, spillways, pumps, etc.

I've got enough books with equations, formulas and all the theory.

Thanks for your help.

Any reference is welcome.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Start with the Federal Highway Administration web site. There are several downloadable manuals that would be of help (Introduction to Highway Hydraulics, Urban Darainage Design Manual ...). Your state highway department should have manuals, eiher for download or purchase. A book like Merritt's Standard Handbook for Civil Engineer's would likely be of help, though I find many of the details to be dated. Your question is so broad that it's difficult to focus on specific reference material.

I would do a web search for standard details from dot's. Many state DOTs have standard details for drainage structures. This would be a great place to start. Also specific manufacturers have products.

I agree with Maury, FHA has great references. Our firm has had great luck searching the internet for .dwg details for specific problems.

We recently found a piping handbook and other refereces thru ASCE publications. Also, look to the AWWA and your local sections. They have many publications and references for water related issues.

Cameron Hydraulic Data by Ingersoll-Dresser Pumps

Handbook of Steel Drainage & Highway Construction Products by American Iron and Steel Institute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back