Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

good electrical cad package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrag

Electrical
Oct 15, 2001
GB
anybody know a really good electrical cad package? something with smart icons, autonumber, autoroute would be nice too :)
but we can't have everything can we???

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Your question depends on your budget. They range from free to reeeeeeeealy expensive.

I use/have used a few of the following each has their good and bad points. Whether it be price or ease of use,

Ivex (Windraft & Winboard - good price, ok functions)

Edwin (All the gadgets a little bit pricey)

PCA (Well thought out program with try before you buy)

Any questions, just ask :)
Regards

Hi,

OOOOOOOpppppps :-(.
Butter my bum and call me a tea cake if I didn't just re-read your question and realize my answer is nonsense. I neglected to read the "ELECTRICAL cad". Mine are electronic cad packages sorry !.

regards

If you are looking for a really good package with all the bells and whistles, try EC-CAD from Industrial Controls and Concepts, Inc. They have a North American Electrical Package (inch units/symbols) and a Global Electrical Package (metric units/symbols) along with ISO Fluid Power Packages. You can review EC-CAD at for more information and pricing. All packages are a add-on to AutoCAD and run in all versions, R14,R2000,and R2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back