Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Good Source for Polyurethane Foams 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcavender

Electrical
May 31, 2018
US
Can anyone recommend a good supply house that can deliver medium & high density PU foams?

I spent 5 hr yesterday surfing/calling and only found one guy interested in making a sale, but he had to go find someone that could answer questions about their foams’ performance specs.

I scan chemical co websites that go on and on with pretty pictures, contact forms that are never responded to, or if you get a call back, the sales folk don’t understand what their product can do, etc.

I need a company that has 5 gal buckets/55 gal barrels, someone that knows foams and actually wants to move product out the door and get paid. 🤣

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Brian,
Excellent site ... this looks like quite a good eng materials resource.

Thank you for taking the time to share it :^)

B

Rigid [sheet, block] or mix/expanding/curing?
Structural or packaging/cushioning or insulating?

Regards, Wil Taylor
o Trust - But Verify!
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation, Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", HBA forum]
o Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand everything." -Anton Chekhov

Hi WK,

Structural, mix-expanding-curing.

Further research points needing a foam that cures to 12-16 lbs / cubic foot. (~300psi)

I need to find a couple sources that can provide test samples to hone this in tighter.

Thanks!
B

OK bca... forgot to ask... Service Temperature Range (-) to (+)?

Regards, Wil Taylor
o Trust - But Verify!
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation, Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", HBA forum]
o Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand everything." -Anton Chekhov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back