GPB process Butadiene extraction simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreChE

Chemical
Jul 10, 2003
PT
Dear all

My company will revamp its 1,3-butadiene plant and we will be responsible for the basic engineering.

Unfortunatelly, Zeon and some other experienced companies with extractive distillation declined the job due to other bigger projects ongoing.

My team intent is to simulate the plant and develop the basic engineering ourselves and give the detail engineering to others.

Does anyone have experience with the GPB process simulation? What thermodynamic model(s) should be used to overcome extractive distillation problems? Any good papers or documentation regarding extractive distilattion simulation, focused on butadiene extraction?

Experience with Aspen or Hysys on the GPB process??

Thanks in advance
AndreChE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Andre,

I am working on developing a dynamic simulation model for a Butadiene extractive distillation process with ACN as the solvent. The simulation tool I am using is D-SPICE developed by Kongsberg Process Simulation (formerly Fantoft). The thermodynamic model that has worked best for me is the NRTL EOS with binary interaction parameters and assuming a VLWE. Thermo tables were generated using Multiflash 3.3 developed by Infochem Computer Services with DIPPR property databank. The BIPS have to be modified to fit process data and tune the model.

Here is a good link to a paper.

Hope this helps.
Rajesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back