Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphic card problem in V5R20 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoFigueiredo

Industrial
May 22, 2013
PT
Hello,

I bought a new pc with a graphic card RTX 3050 (gaming card). Now I'm trying to open a project that I did on previous computer (also gaming graphic card, but doesn't know the model), and I'm unable to open it! The display is gray, and when tried to rotate or move the view, crashes. It looks that graphic card is given me an hard time. Can it be for be such an old version of CATIA and it doesn't run on newer graphic card! Any configuration that could help?

Tiago Figueiredo
Tooling Engineer

Youtube channel:

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've been diggin this,

Today it devolved me this message:

CNEXT_yEV3M8hahd_voipp4.png

Any clue?

Tiago Figueiredo
Tooling Engineer

Youtube channel:

Try CATDUAV5 to fix any potential errors on the file;

With the file open:
File >> Desk >> Right Click >> CATDUAV5 >> Clean >> Run

another thing to try:
Nvidea control panel >> Manage 3D Settings >> Program settings tab >> select CATIA and make it force to your RTX3050 GFX card.

I had an issue with my laptop that had a integrated GPU not allowing a discrete quadro card in my laptop to do the heavy lifting for CAD. It made the display bog, display poorly and sometimes crash. If you have 2 GPUs check task manager >> performance. It will show which one is working if you roll a 3D model around in V5.

2022-08-05_15_18_50-Task_Manager_tsdios.png

Error message clearly states that CATIA runs out of memory. I doubt a modern videocard has less RAM than an older one given they are both "gaming" cards.

I suggest copying CATSettings directory from the old PC to the new one.

With all of that being said I feel like the main issue here is using V520 in a year 2022. Just don't.

LucasC said:
Try CATDUAV5 to fix any potential errors on the file;

With the file open:
File >> Desk >> Right Click >> CATDUAV5 >> Clean >> Run

I didn't run yet the CATDUA, but maybe I can try it!

LucasC said:
another thing to try:
Nvidea control panel >> Manage 3D Settings >> Program settings tab >> select CATIA and make it force to your RTX3050 GFX card.

I already did it!

Little Cthulhu said:
With all of that being said I feel like the main issue here is using V520 in a year 2022. Just don't.
I Thought the same... And I will try to debug it later. I have a friend with a similar computer and a new version of CATIA, I will try to open this project! The R20, is still 32 bit!

Tiago Figueiredo
Tooling Engineer

Youtube channel:

Only once I opened a few hundred parts assembly but it didn't affect the performance that much.
Never had a crash before. Although I work mainly with separate parts and few dozen part assemblies, the basic Intel handles that flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back