Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphical problem with ST4

Status
Not open for further replies.

olevgolev

Mechanical
Sep 24, 2012
EE
Hi

I'm having a problem with Solid Edge ST4: whenever I'm in sketch mode and then I close the sketch, the screen freezes. All the taskbars work but the model window is frozen. I did find a temporary solution though. When I create a new file, the screen unfreezes and I can switch to the previous window. But it is quite annoying. So any suggestions would be great.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Look at the ST4 requirements and see if your card is supported.

If not then try and get a supported one, if this isn't an option go into Tools, Options, View tab and play around with the choices in application display.

We're currently having to run V19 or W7 and the main problem was graphics related, changing to 'backing store' fixed this.

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

I have a laptop, which has an integrated Intel graphics card. I didn´t have any problems running V20 on the machine, however it did have WinXP then. Now it has Win7. I recall, that when I had Xp, i think I tried ST2 and it ran without any problems. So could the problem related to the OS?

The graphic card requirement from Solid Edge v20 to SE ST4 are quite different, for example I can run SE V20 on a virtual machine running WinXP an only 128 Mb of video.
Probably the best thing to do is what KENAT said...change in Solid Edge Option from Automatic selection to backing store the main reason is because You are not working with a dedicated graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back