Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Graphics problem with Pro in drawing mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBeitel

Mechanical
Apr 30, 2002
CA
Hi all,

I have been getting an annoying graphics problem in drawing mode when annotating my drawing views in Pro/E Wildfire 5.0 M050. I can be working along and shortly (7-10 menu commands) after the dialog boxes come up incomplete.(see image) It is almost like it is a phantom dialog box. If I know the selection to pick to close the dialog it will close, but all other dialog boxes the open come up the same way. I have had this issue with it since M010 but have not had to go through the drawing tutorials until recently. No I can not even get part way through a lesson before the problem starts to persist. Has anyone else seen this kind of graphics issue?

I have uninstalled Pro/E and reinstalled it... with the same issue re-occurring. I have even gone to the extent of rebuilding the hard-drive back to original factory, and after installing Pro/E the issue is still here.I have tested this problem with and without the latest upgrades to software & drivers, with no resolve. Please help.

I am using:

Lenovo Thinkpad T61p
MS Windows XP Professional (32-bit)
Intel Core Duo CPU T7300 2.00GHz
NVidia Quadro FX 570M
3.00 GB Ram

--
Look forward to your feedback,

Take care & have fun!

Kevin
"Hell, there are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi all...

I worked it through PTC technical help and we worked out the issue.

By disabling the Nvidia nView Desktop Manager we have seemed to resolve the issue.

Take care & have fun!

Kevin
"Hell, there are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back