Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gravel pit noise modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdock

Chemical
Jun 17, 2002
US
Hello,

I am re-permitting a gravel pit and working on a noise model. Unfortunately, the crusher is inoperative at the moment and I cannot directly measure noise levels. Does anyone have information on 'typical' crusher noise levels that I could use to plug into a noise attenuation model?

Thanks,

- shane

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'd check to see if there was any old data you could use. Check to see if there was any noise testing performed on the last permit.

Also, check to see if the company has any other plants that are using similar equipment that you could get the data.

You might also be able to check with the manufacturer of the equipment to get the data as well.

Finally, I'd check with the State environmental program to see if they have any "typical" value you could use.

The problem with using any data not from the actual equipment may result in a long term problem. If your estimates are based upon a noise level less than what the equipment can actually emit, you might be setting yourself up for possible penalities if you end up exceeding the permissable noise limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back