Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gravel Trench

Status
Not open for further replies.

petruccellieng

Civil/Environmental
Nov 2, 2009
US
Thanks in advance,
I have a question on designing gravel trenches. I currently have 3 reaches(1r, 2r & 3r) that drain into an existing pond. They are actually a 400' x 4'x 4' gravel trench. When I turned the reaches into ponds following this example ( the program then says that it cannont extend above a certain elevation. In order to get it to work I have to change the inverts to an unrealistic elevation. The reason I ask this is because in my model with the reaches it says that the reach conditions have not been evaluated([52]Hint:Reach Inlet/Outlet conditions not evaluated). I'm assuming this means that it doesnt take into account the flows of the drainage ares that are attached to the reaches.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are a number of separate issues here. What is your original question or problem?

FYI, Hint 52 is simply a reminder that a reach is evaluated according to normal Manning's flow, and does not consider possible inlet restrictions. However, a reach will most definitely include whatever inflows (drainage areas) are connected.

If you have questions about other messages, please post the EXACT message, or send the project file to HydroCAD support.

Peter Smart
HydroCAD Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back