Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gravity Retaining Wall Design in Enercalc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcredskins

Structural
Feb 4, 2008
US
Do any of you know Enercalc can design gravity (either CMU blocks or concrete) retaining walls? I could not figure out. I would appreciate your help. Is there any software that can design gravity retaining walls?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't have version 6.0 so I can't speak on it. There is a module in Enercalc 5.6 for retaining wall design but it is very difficult to use.
You're better off learning to design by hand calculations.

registeredpe:

Greetings:

I also do not have version 6.0 (still waiting patiently)
of Enercalc, but version 5.8 has retaining wall designs, both cantilevered, restrained and tapered conditions, in both reinforced concrete & masonry construction and are very simple to use. (although I agree with JedClampett, it is important to understand & know how to calculate by hand, for your own protection).

I once saw a cartoon in Engineering News Record, probably 15 years ago, a father computer telling his son, "remember to err is human", funny as heck.

Best regards, registeredpe in AZ

Greetings again,

I just realized your question was in reference to "gravity" type (usually unreinforced) retaining walls. My post about Enercalc version 5.8 was for reinforced, fully cantilevered retaining walls. Sorry I spoke out of turn.

best regards, registeredpe in AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back