Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Grenfell Tower Fire Report 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
They appear to be established.

In reality the company the business is being processed through is something else.

It's our MBA friends again. I believe they call it a fuse setup.

From that other web site...

"One night in 2010, a Shanghai high-rise fire killed fifty-eight people. Before dawn, local Party members had coordinated twenty-five fire stations, a hundred fire trucks, and a thousand firefighters along with police, hospitals, finance, insurance, housing, donations, counselling, criminal investigators, and schools.

Forty-eight hours later, state-owned insurers compensated families for lost property and wrote $250,000 checks for each death. Ten days later, Shanghai Mayor Han Zheng confessed, "Our poor supervision of the construction industry caused the fire". He implemented new building codes, fired or demoted thirty officials, and indicted twenty-two, most of whom went to prison, two for sixteen years. The contrast with London's Grenfell Tower fire is stark."

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

I've downloaded the report, a while back.

The problem I have is that there is no reference that I can find or the construction documents. The drawings, the specifications and the contract do no appear to be available. I don't know if the report missed these items; in my opinion, they are critical to determining who "screwed up". They will show what was spec'd, and what was required by the supplier.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Dik:
I believe the drawings are in Part 1 of the report (from a couple of years ago). I recall seeing there - though, sorry, I don't recall where.

DB

Thanks... I'll take a look. Any idea of where the specs and contract might be?

-----*****-----

-Dik

Dik:

Sorry I don't know - ~1,700 pages and 2 years ago. You might check the searchable evidence list on the web site.

DB

Do you have the searchable list? I have all 4 volumes of the first report.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Dik:
On the Grenfell Tower Inquiry Phase 1 page look at the tabs on top of the page "Evidence"
DB

Thanks.. will do.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back