Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grid for CFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagarbilla

Mechanical
Jan 17, 2009
PK
Hi all

I do CFD simulations regularly, but always get confused when evaluating my Grid. I want to know what is the criteria of evaluating mesh quality, for different type elements.

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I never calculate mesh quality as long as the code converges to the desired solution, i.e satisfy the tolerance, for all mesh levels. Check if your solution changes when you refine your mesh. If no spesic changes then your are just fine!

As per your approach first we have to run the solution in CFD solver and check the conversion. But if mesh is large i don't think we have enough time to just run the solution with unchecked mesh to see that mesh quality is good enough or not. We have to be as sure as possible that mesh is good enough to cause minimum problems in solution conversion before running the CFD solver.
i hope i made myself clear. :)

Ask your CFD support for the criteria of mesh quality. If you use CFX and ICEM for example they can give you all necessary criteria you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back