Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grid modeling with CDEGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve14

Electrical
Jul 11, 2011
AU
I am using Malz in Cdegs to analyse and model the grid of a substation.Does any one know how I can find the induced voltage on a metal pipe 50 meters below my grid and ensure that the pipe will not be dangerous in remote?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello Steve,

There is an option to model this pipe as another conductor which could be former by the materials (steel outside) and something else inside.
For each one you may specify all the characteristics.
After that, you include it in the soil layer corresponding to the 50 m you mentioned.

There are some informations about this in the website of the software developer that may be usefull to you.

the manual of the software is so vague and not talking about this situation.
could you please guide me to the section of MALZ which enables me to have this option?

Steve,
Not sure what you are ultimately trying to accomplish here, but if you're trying to look at just induced voltage, I don't think that Malz is the right module. MALZ won't calculate induction for you. You would need to go to HiFREQ for that.

My recommendation would be to call SES. They have been extremely helpful for me in the past trying to resolve issues such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back