Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grozeaion.com CATIA functions (FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielMadureira

Automotive
Apr 13, 2017
CA
Hi,

Anyone managed to use some of these functions?

If so, which?

I've been trying to learn a bit more about bezier curves, and there are two functions to approximate curves to cubic and quadratic bezier curves.

Anyone could share some knowledge about these particular catia functions of the said website?

There also seem to be missing the code for a function called LLDistance...

Thanks for the help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Basically i'm trying to get a section of a surface, and try to improve the curvature for G1 and G2 continuity of those sections.

Sometimes I need to correct surfaces that have some "waviness" on them, barely noticeable to the naked eye.

But once you check them with the Porcupine analysis tool in CATIA, all the problems pop up.

Cubic and Quadratic Bezier curves seem the way to go, i'm just trying to find a way to convert a simple NURBS curve in CATIA to a properly mathematicaly defined curve.

Then redo the skin based on those new curves.

Problem is, sometimes I can have hundreds of sections that need to be corrected. That's why i'm investigating the VBA route.

Clear as mud?

PS: és português Tiago?

Sempre um prazer ver outros "tugas" por aqui, apesar de termos o Atlantico entre nos...

Anywhow, I think I've found something.

In the Freestyle module, there's something called "Converter Wizard".

With this function you can convert curves and even surfaces to simplified versions. Meaning, you can control tolerance, order (from 2 to 16) and segmentation.

Of course the question is always how much variation is acceptable.

I read once that to have good surfaces you need good curves, and to have good curves you need good points.

The next step would be extracting points from a curve, and "correct" each of the points coordinates to the closest correct equation for a cubic, quadratic, etc B-Spline.

I'm really going into uncharted territory, so if anyone wants to chime in...by all means do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back