Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GuardLogix & SmartGuard on DeviceNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pssriram16

Electrical
Jul 20, 2006
US
Has anyone setup communications between a GuardLogix PLC and a SmartGuard Controller on a devicenet?

I setup the smartguard for COS with 2 bytes input and 1 byte output data(on the RSNetworx for DeviceNet).

I had to create "Generic Safety Module" on the IO config on the Logix 5000.

But for some reason it comes back with the same fault "(Code 16#000c)Service Request Error:Invalid Mode or State for service request ". This fault appears on the module created on the Logix 5000 IO config. Any ideas how to fix it??

Thanks
Sriram

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't think you can make a safety connection between GuardLogix and SmartGuard.

When you set up the COS connection with 2 bytes input and 1 byte output, that was in the "Slave I/O" configuration tab for the SmartGuard configuration in RSNetworx, right ?

You can put that connection in the Scanlist of the 1756-DNB and map it into the normal I/O data table, but I don't think you can connect it as a Safety device in the RSLogix 5000 I/O tree.

Yes U are absolutely right about that. Contrary to what the user manual says, u cannot add the smartguard in the IO tree of the Logix 5000 software. U have 2 add tags in the "Slave I/O" configuration tab in SmartGuard configuration in RSNetworx so that it appears in the "scanlist" of the DNB scanner.

Also U cannot make safety connection between GuardLogix and SmartGuard. The "safety Slave I/O" tab is for connections between two smartguards on the same network ONLY.

Well another issue I had was in the "Logic" editor of the SmartGuard in RSNetworx where u can add function blocks, I found that there is no way to add temporary "base" tags. Every tag u use in the "logic" editor should be pre-defined in the "slave I/O" beforehand to be used. They call it the "name" tags. Is my understanding right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back