Guess the settlement - Dynamic Load Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSD1986

Structural
May 2, 2012
AU
Who wants to play a game.

In two days I am installing two 750mm dia CFA piles. One pile will go 21m and the other will go 26m.

A week after these piles are installed we will be using a 16T lead drop hammer and carry out PDA/Capwap analysis. The piles are not contract piles and we will essentially hit them till destruction. The Hammer can drop 4m max.

I've designed the contract piles and the tests form part of my certification.

I thought it would be interesting to see what people think the pile is good for (ultimate load? Working Load etc? Load displacement. I obviously know what the answer needs to be.

Here is the borehole taken a few mtres from the test location. I can see its a little blurry so if there are any questions please let know.

bh1_ffk36k.png

bh2_yecmdr.jpg

bh3_udkpek.jpg

bh4_issshh.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Interesting. The piles will be installed this week.

Just so im clear - each T is 2000 pounds right? Im in SI world.....

Any more guesses?

I'll remind my engineer friends that there are at least 2 (20?) satellites in outer space that are not going on the mission they were intended because British engineers and American engineers both used shorthand for their units, and not surprisingly, there was a misunderstanding. Discovered after it was too late. Just use a few more letters and be painfully clear on units.

agree. you have to be 100 confident that who ever is reading your stuff if on the same page.

Care to hazard a guess at the load displacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back