Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Happy Engineers Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our group got honored this week by being able to attend a couple of classes to enhance our skillsets.

Regards,

Is this for 'happy' engineers only or can grumpy miserable ones like me attend ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[pimp]

"The world keeps turning, it keeps me in my place; where I stand is only three miles from space"
Spiritualized

[leprechaun]Don't forget March 17. St. Patrick is the patron saint of engineers. My alma mater always has a "green mass" for engineers that week.

Is Engineer's Week like Secretary's Day only better?

I can't wait to have my boss take me out to lunch every day all week and buy me some flowers!

dvd, it's this week. If he hasn't taken you out yet then looks like he missed the memo, or doesn't consider you a real Engineer ;-).

Ussuri, well if it's only for happy engineers it would explain why I didnt' hear of it directly.

So Saint Paddy is the Patron Saint of Engineers. I wish I'd considered this when I gave up booze for lent!

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

Didn't they move the religious observance of St. Patrick's Day back a month this year to avoid Lent?

Not that that's going to stop all the green beer and whatnot on March 17 anyway.

Hg

Eng-Tips policies: faq731-376

March 17 is always within Lent, isn't it?

Easter = first Sunday after first full moon after spring equinox. Lent = 40 days before. It would have to be a very late Easter to get March 17 outside of that envelope.

Yeah, I'm confused. Easter's earlier than usual this year, but not by *that* much. I heard the story on the news, but since it doesn't affect me directly, I didn't pay very good attention. Someone with fewer worktime restrictions on web access than I have could look it up.

Meanwhile, I keep parsing the title of this thread to mean "a week dedicated to happy engineers".

Hg

I never lent anything to anybody, so I don't have to worry 'bout dat.

Mike McCann
McCann Engineering

And to add to Tick's post, the 40 days before DOES NOT include St. Patty's day. That's a lent free day to do what all good "I'm only Irish one day of the year" do.

--Scott

OK, so I'm not Roman Catholic and I'm only about an 1/8th Irish.

But I do like their Beer and spirits!

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

Ah--it was moved because this year it lands on Holy Monday. My unreliable source tells me it was moved to the 15th.

Hg

Engineers week was moved because it lands on Holy Monday?

Holy cow!

From reading these posts I know that whereever engineering is going in the next 5 years, it is not without a sense of humor.
Yes, St. Patricks day falls in Holy week this year, which shortens Holy week by one day.
Èire go Brágh!

monkeydog: yep, same coincidence here. That our merit was assessed monetarily before we had our annual performance reviews was not lost on us either!

If it wasn't for you Kenat, I'd never had known it was engineers week. How depressing in a company of a thousand engineers nobody says anything..... We've stopped looking up.... Well, I will rustle a few guys tonight. Slainte

Robert Mote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back