Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Happy Engineers Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, you're a few weeks late I'm affraid rtmote.

However Slainte back at ya.

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

I remeber it because my Uni. "school of engineering" has an E-ball with an open bar!!!(they invite the "school of nursing" so its not all guys) I still get the emails for it.

nursing...

In my second year, my (Uni) college added "and Medicine" to its name. Better still, the medicine bit was just up the road from our flat. And there were nurses, hence my flatmate's politically incorrect observation at the time:

"There are two certainties in life: death and nurses."

- Steve

Interesting, the certainties at my Uni where the female language students, nurses were fun but a bit more picky.

Just realized that's incredibly sexist and inappropriate, imagine that from an Engineer, sorry.

I remember the Engineering ball in my first year, Gina G was the entertainment, ooh ahh just a little bit, I'll say so. The EFS (Engineering Faculty Society) went bankrupt shortly after, they spent all their money on a new computer (supposedly). Tell me that isn't stereotypical for a bunch of Engineering Geeks!

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

Just the whole setup of the dance seemed extreemly stereotypical, especially coming from a University.

Engineering = Nerdy Men
Nurses =Picky Women
Engineer*Open bar = better social skills for engineers (less nerdy)
Nurses*Open Bar = Ability to hang around Engineers (less picky)

Open bar *(Engineers +Nurses)= E-Ball = good party

And I had to make a stupid equation out of this...and fall in the stereotype...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back