Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Harmonic filters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wethery

Electrical
Nov 12, 2001
GB
I need to know 2 types of harmonic filters which may be used to reduce harmonics in power systems. PLEASE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

One type of filter is available from Harmonics Limited called a "3rd Out Filter". They do have a web page. Perhaps someone else can come up w/ another. I hope I understood your question.

I suppose you could have series and shunt filters, but I've ever only seen shunt filters tuned to specific harmonics.

2544 (Electrical)
1.Shunt Filter (Detuned Filter & Tuned Filter)
2.Active Filter...Good but more expensiveness

Single tuned filter STF and high pass filter HTF. There are more.

Be carefull before you choose a filter of any kind !!!!!!
Two of the most common problems resulting from wrong filters in the network might be :burning of the filter and vicinity and / or explosion of high voltage to low voltage power transformers supplying the network.It is crucial (!!!) before you install any solution to inspect and study your network .Being a professional in the field I would recommend first to study the network in depth. One of the other solution for harmonics may also be a transforme isolating the creator of harmonics from the network and so solving the problem in the most economic way. A.Rash BScEE & PE
a_rash@bigfoot.com

1.passive filter-detuned filter
-tuned filter
-high pass filter
2.active filter

Nitipong Pan-klang
Thailand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back