Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Harmonised standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDNTPB

Mechanical
Jul 20, 2004
BE
Are the EN standards the only harmonised standards, what about DIN standards, AD merkblatter, British standard,... My question is can we consider that all standards coming from an European country are harmonised standards or not?
Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you know where i can find which standards (DIN, BS AD) are harmonised standards and which not, because when i go on the official PED web site they only talk about EN standards as harmonised standards. I heared that AD merkblatt is also a harmonised standard but i cannot find any evidence.
Thanks in advance

Not all standards that have the prefixes indicated in the posts above meet the definition of harmonised used by some Directives. For many Directives, there is an list published in the Official Journal, called "Commission Communication in the framework of the implementation [of] [Directive name]". For example, the 2004 lists for the machinery and pressure equipment directives are at and respectively. Only the standards referenced in the list in the official journal are presumped to ensure that anything that conforms to them will comply with the corresponding requirements of the Directive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back