Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hatch Problem in AutoCad LT 2002 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVE

Civil/Environmental
Apr 24, 2003
CA
Okay, here's one for the group...

Periodically, I will hatch something and the Hatch Pattern will be completely messed up in a drawing. For example, the HONEY hatch will just be a bunch of lines that don't actually connect to form a honeycomb pattern. Once this happens, hatch patterns never work right again in that drawing.

Now, here's where it gets weird. I can open a new drawing, do the exact same hatch there and it will work. I can then copy the hatch back to the old drawing where it looks just fine. Unfortunately, if I try to edit the hatch in any way, its completely screwed up again.

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.....

David Dietrich
Thames Valley Engineering

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is the HPSCALE variable the same for both?

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right "
.. Henry Ford

Yes the HPSCALE is the same. In fact, if I take the "good" hatch and change the scale, and then change it back to what it was originally, I end up with a "bad" hatch.

David Dietrich

Copy the existing drawing into a new drawing doesn't work either. I still get the same problem.

David Dietrich

Hi David,

hatches are very sensitive. [sadeyes]
Did You try "_audit"?
What's about MEASUREINIT and MEASUREMENT? The same for both?

Lothar

Win NT4.0(SP6),2000(SP3)
AC 2000i(SP2), ADT 3.0(SP3),
AC 2002, ADT 3.3,
AC 2004, ADT 2004

"_audit" only found 2 problems with leaders that I can copied.

MEASUREINIT and MEASUREMENT are both the same (1).

Thanks for the help so far.. hopefully we'll get this figured out yet...

David Dietrich

Hi David,

if You solve the problem, tell us the way...,please.
Good luck
Lothar

Win NT4.0(SP6),2000(SP3)
AC 2002, ADT 3.3,
AC 2004, ADT 2004

Hello TVE, sorry for late reply, I'm very busy right now and HERE is the ANSWER. It took a few days for me to study your problem and finally i got it with my mahaguru assistance.
Firstly, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) your drawing file is imported from other software (may be microstation).
Secondly, your drawing limits is too small.
Actually the solution is very easy, first resetting your drawing limits, for example to 12000,9000. Then you move all the drawing into new drawing limits. Problem solved ...Happy resetting new drawing limits .

Ahhhh,
now I understand the problem (thanks CAEman). The problem is maybe, that the objects are to far away from the point 0,0,0. Surveyor know this problem, if they draw with the Krueger-Gauss-system. Solution: Move the boundaries to 0,0,0 -> hatch -> move back.

Lothar

Win NT4.0(SP6),2000(SP3)
AC 2002, ADT 3.3,
AC 2004, ADT 2004

You can fix the offending hatches with fewer steps than moving the boundaries:

1. Set either the UCS origin or SNAPBASE near the problem hatch. (UCS>>N>>[pick origin point])
2. Type Hatchedit and select the hatch.
3. Select OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back