Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hatching Macro in Catia

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeepa123

Mechanical
Nov 18, 2012
IN
Dear All,

I am planning to write a VB script in Catia for Hatching the Section views. I know if we take section view in Catia by default it will give hatching, but hatching standard and pitch is not same for all. So planning this Macro. But i have one question how the macro will read the boundary of the objects to provide the different types of hatching. can anyone help me on this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Generative Shapes are the automated boundaries.
I would suggest leaving the automated hatching in place and have your macro search for "Generative Shape".
Then modify the pitch/color/angle to your liking with macro.

I currently use the search function to search and select all Generative shapes and then set them to NONE for the type, as that is our standard for sections cuts.

I agree with you, but when we have multiple sheets like 5 to 6, it is a time consuming activity to check each and every view. And also sometimes orientation of the hatching will not be proper. By considering all these thought of developing macro. I am failing to build the logic that how to identify the different different parts in Section View to apply or changing the hatch angle.

No idea what logic Catia is using. Can anybody explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back