Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HD3D Visual Reporting Tagging Sub-assemblies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKaizer

Aerospace
Jan 9, 2014
US
I think this is a flaw HD3D Visual reporting has. Now I am no expert on HD3D so I am seeing if anyone knows if the tool well enough to determine if this is really just a flaw of NX reporting or I have something wrong.

Does anyone now how to color and tag a sub-assembly in HD3D Visual reporting? I think this is a flaw HD3D Visual reporting has. Now I am no expert on HD3D so I am seeing if anyone knows if the tool well enough to determine if this is really just a flaw of NX reporting or I have something wrong.

Here is more description. With an assemblies built from bottom up, with piece parts assembled and constrained into the assembly, we have found that HD3D Visual reporting will only color and Tag solid bodies. There are times we have found that our criteria filters and finds a Sub-assembly and it shows up in the results tree, but the sub-assembly is neither colored or tagged in the visual display. The only time this does work is when there is a body within the sub-assembly or if the body's in the assembly are promoted or wave linked into the assembly. But we do not see it worth the time and effort on or design practices in making sure each assembly has waved/promoted bodies in it.

Here is an example of BOM that does not work as it should
1)Top assembly - criteria met - in report - highlighted and tagged
2)Piece Part A - criteria not met - no highlight and no tagged
3)Piece Part B - criteria met - in report - highlighted and tagged
4)Sub-assembly A - criteria met - in report - no highlighted and no tagged (Because there is not body in assembly)
4a)Piece Part C - criteria not met - no highlight and no tagged​
4b)Piece Part D - criteria not met - no highlight and no tagged​
4c)Piece Part E - criteria not met - no highlight and no tagged​
5)Piece Part F - criteria not met - no highlight and no tagged
6)Sub-assembly B - criteria met - in report - highlighted and tagged
6a)Piece Part C - criteria not met - no highlight and no tagged​
6b)Piece Part G - criteria met - in report - highlighted and tagged​
6c)Piece Part H - criteria not met - no highlight and no tagged​
7)Piece Part F - criteria not met - no highlight and no tagged
8)Sub-assembly C - criteria met - in report - highlighted and tagged (Because all the piece parts are promoted into the assembly)
8a)Piece Part I - criteria not met - no highlight and no tagged​
8b)Piece Part J - criteria not met - no highlight and no tagged​
8c)Piece Part K - criteria not met - no highlight and no tagged​

Thanks for any assistance,
Kai

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back