Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Health care facilities hvac systems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaver101

Mechanical
Apr 25, 2008
Which hvac systems do you recommend for a polyclinic? Induction uşts, fan coil units, VAV or other? And a different app. for crowded corridors?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Polyclinic was my first very large job that I have opportunity to work on in first-second year of my career.

I learned about so many different systems that it took years afterwards before I found any single system which I was not already working on. That was great school.

What I want to say is that, in my view, complex hospital facilities are the peak of HVAC trade. You can find almost everything what is offered there, and type of spaces cover almost the whole avaiable range - from offices and adminstrative facilities over hotel-like areas to operation rooms and intensive care...

Such recommendation would seemingly not fit tip format - if you are charged in polyclinics design, the best you can do is to find some engineer who has experience with that, work with him and learn, and you may likely be eligible to do next hospital project on your own.

Thanks Drazen. I have wanted to alternative recommends. I worked in different healt care jobs. For only polyclinics (exam rooms and corridors), which system do you prefer? I think induction units in the exam rooms, and VAV in crowded corridors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back