Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heat exchanger design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i am interested to know how to design the fertilizer plant. i am going to design the super tri phosphate and monophosphate plant. can anybody suggest me the guidelines .

I need your hel to choose a gasket for an heat exchanger
exchanger type:
max pressure = 6 bar
max temperature = 161'C
proces and service fluid = water
thank's

Hi TechnicalServices (Chemical)

You need to look at the home on COMPRESS.

TEMA/ASME Heat Exchanger

This new program operates in conjunction with COMPRESS to design TEMA and ASME heat exchangers. A unique function allows concurrent calculation in both Codes. It designs all TEMA types except floating heads, which will be available soon. TEMA Editions 7 and 8, and ASME SEction VIII, Appendix AA are supported.

The demo version of TEMA/ASME is included in the demo COMPRESS. Heat exchangers in the demo version are limited to diameters of 60 and 120 inches. To design a heat exchanger in the demo choose File/New Heat Exchanger.

An innovative report format is used which presents a lot of information in an efficient way, keeping down report size. Unlike designing vessels component-by-component in COMPRESS, exchanger design is automated, and the entire exchanger is designed at once in a wizard interface. Flanged and flued expansion joint design is included, as well as fatigue analysis for expansion joints in cyclic service. Eight design conditions can be specified for each exchanger. The main features are:

- ID design
- English, metric, MKS units
- 8 separate loading cases
- Shear stress on tubesheet
- Allowable tube-to-tubesheet load
- Tubesheets with different thicknesses
- Differential pressure effect on tubesheets
- Cover deflection calculations per RCB-9.21
- Flange moments determined from the flange inputs
- Full ASME App. 2 flange calculations including rating of mating flanges
- Full ASME calculations on all components

In the coming months we will add floating head design. TEMA and ASME Heat Exchanger can be purchased separately or together.

Leonard@thill.biz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back