Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heat Exchangers 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
can somebody advise me for the best book to buy to learn about the Heat Exchangers and how to make the propper mesurements for efficiency
i realy apreciate your help.
thanks.

Hello EYADHAMIDED

If you have already some insight on the subject, try this one, ever of the best references, i guess:

HEAT TRANSFER- Thermal-Hydraulic Fundamentals and Design
by S.Kakaç/A.E.Bergles/F.Mayinger
ISBN 0070332843

Good Luck!
zzzo

IF YOU HAVE NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE, YOU SHOULD TRY THE CLASSIC BOOK "PROCESS HEAT TRANSFER" BY D.Q.KERN. THIS BOOK COVERS MANY AREAS OF HEAT TRANSFER AND INCLUDES A VAST AMOUNT OF COMPLETE EXAMPLE CALCULATIONS. DOUBLE PIPE, SHELL & TUBE, AND HAIRPIN TYPE HX'S AS WELL AS SUBMERGED COILS AND JACKETS ARE COVERED. ALTHOUGH THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN IN 1950, THE BASIC PRINCIPLES, PROCESSES, AND THEORIES ARE STILL USED TODAY.

My current favorite (because it discusses computer modeling techniques) is "Heat Transfer - Professional Version" by Lyndon Thomas. Of course, I still use "Principles of Heat Transfer" by Frank Kreith because of its excellent property tables. Patricia Lougheed

If you're willing to spend the money, there is no reference more complete in my opinion than the "Heat Exchanger Design Handbook" published by Begell House. It is a compendium of heat exchanger and general heat transfer information as complete as I've ever seen. I even bought a copy for my own personal library. I also own the Lyndon Thomas Professional version book mentioned by VPL as well, and it along with Kays and Londons book on compact heat exchangers as well as Incropera and DeWitts college text book round out my collection. I use them all on a regular basis.

"HEat Exchanger Design" 2nd ed.
Arthur P. Fraas
Wiley-InterScience Pub.

A pretty complex book, especially for a big dummy like me. Lots of good reference info in the appendix.

There is a book (A Heat Transfer Text)? that is online in PDF format that a professor wiret that is downloadable for free. It is a great book. I don't have the link, a seacrh in google should come up with it.

Clyde the Mule

Does anyone have experience in refrigeration heat exchanger testing facility design?

u can take a look for fundamental of heat transfer and mass transfer by incropera,... u can learn step by step calculating its heat transfer....
another book si design of thermal fluid by william s janna. its more friendly for basic.

progesteron,sbyina

I would recommend you "Process Heat Exchange", which is a compilation of papers from the Chemical Engineering Magazine, Edited by Vincent Cavaseno. Mc Graw Hill Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back