Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Heat loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

southward

Electrical
Apr 3, 2003
US
Anyone got any information of heat loss from electrical equipment eg.MCCs, switchgear etc.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Read your question to yourself: do you think you have included enough information for anyone to be able to answer it? Are you interested in where the loss occurs, how much heat is dissipated, how it gets out of the enclosure... what else? We can only work with the information you put forward, which in this case ain't enough. Add a bit of detail - we don't charge by the word (if only we could [ponder] ) and someone will almost certainly be able to help.

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

Got a room full of mcc , switchgear, transformers etc. What I would like is a way of estimating the heat given out by this equipment as a percentage of the ratings

Yes, I have found that in the past in HVAC references for estimating heat loading. No idea if it's accurate though.

Also check out these older threads:
thread238-211333
thread403-228662

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe." -- Abraham Lincoln
For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

Call the manufacturer of each piece of gear. They should have the answer.... otherwise start with the biggest heat loss items (such as transformers) and work your way down.

Regards,
TULUM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back