Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

heat transfer coefficient for steam to palm oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

srisua

Mechanical
Mar 28, 2014
IN
Dear Seniors,

I am designing palm oil storage tank and palm oil require heating for flow in pipes for which I am designing coil heater for storage tanks. Coil heater is always dipped in palm oil and heating medium is steam. I have calculated heat load requirement, heatlosses through shell, bottom and roof. When calculating area for heatload requirement for Heavy fuel oils, we used to consider heat transfer coefficient 15-20Btu/hr ft2 degF. But I want to know what is the exact transfer coefficient for steam to palm oil.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you downloaded this paper yet ?

No heat transfer coefficient is "exact" ....

What is your desired palm oil mainenance temperature ?????

.......and, most importantly, will this HX EVER be used to heat up a cold tank ???

Please give us more details and reveal to us your final HX area calculation ....

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

Dear Sir,

I have gone through the same, but couldn't found exact heat transfer coefficient. My maintenance temperature is 32 deg C and flowable temperature is 55 degC. Now you are requested to kindly suggest us

Regards
Srinivas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back