Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heat Transfer - FloWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgiuliani32

Mechanical
Oct 28, 2008
Hi everybody.
Like others here, I am new at Floworks too..
I would like to simulate a simple case, but i can´t get the expected results. I hope you can help me :)

I created a "box" (domain) and inserted inside it a "solid ball". Then I said the ball is made of Gold (Input Data - Solid Materials) and it is a Heat Source (700K). Ok, then I said fluid is air at 300K and as one boundary condition I set one side of the box as Inlet Velocity (25m/s) and the opposite side of the box as Environmental Pressure.

When I run, it doesn´t heat the air !! I can see all other features like velocity and pressure fields, but when I ask the program to show me the Fluid Temperature it shows me 300K everywhere !!!!

I did the Eletronic Components tutorial and i could get the results... But with this simple case i can´t. Do anybody know what is wrong about my study ?? Is it missing something like other boundary condition or i must set something like a Goal ??

Obs: All the others variables I set deafult.

Thanks to everyone !!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back