Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heat transfer simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

msomiv

Materials
Oct 13, 2011
ZA
Hi Guys,
I was simulating heat transfer on two contact bodies. The simulation was successful but the results do not show the transfer of heat between the two bodies even if the contact surfaces were specified.How to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to specify gap conduction and gap radiation as measured against distance. After the *Surface Interaction data specify *gap radiation etc.

The manager

Corus,I did specify the gap conduction but the results still look the same.I chose conductivity as function of clearance but the results are still the same.What other option can you suggest?

Thank you for your responses.

As a check on the contact heat transfer you could set the gap conduction to be very high. That way the surface temperatures should almost be equal. In addition to the gap conduction also use gap radiation.

The manager

Corus,
I spent two days figuring out about contact but I can't get rid of the warning "There are 2 unconnected regions in the model". I could see some changes if I use surface film condition but I am not convinced if I still see the above mentioned warning.I believe that there is something that is not good.

Hi msomiv,

I am doing an exercise with a Transient thermal analysis, but i am experimenting some problems with the heat flux. The problem is because, when i put a very high value of temperature to one surface, the other surface in contact doesn´t look like the heat flux is affecting it in something. only the near parts to the "tie contact" increments a little the temperature (but only a little). I need to know why this is happening (maybe because im not using very well my units or the physics constants?).

Can you give a hand by providing me an example of contact between 2 bodies in 3D. It will be very helpful because i am stuck in this and i dont know what can i do. Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back