Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HEC2 Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

deejay

Structural
Jan 24, 2002
US
I am trying to perform a hydraulic analysis for a small stream where we are replacing the existing culvert. I need to get the HEC-2 input data to run the HEC-RAS model. Any idea where I can get this from? I tried the FEMA website. But I could not find it. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

deejay - if this is a FEMA regulatory watercourse you were close. You need to contact FEMA directly to request the report and hydraulic model; call your regional representative. Depending on your location, you may be able to contact your local flood control district to obtain a copy of the report and model. this may be the city, town or county. Good luck.

It is a tributary of a major Waterway. So, I guess it is a FEMA regulated waterway. I will call the local FEMA office. Thanks for your help gbam.

you may have to go to the state, county or to the city, depending on who owns the culvert. since you are replacing it, you should be working for the culvert owner? ask them for the data.

It is a county bridge. They do not have the data.

I checked on the FEMA site as gbam had suggested and found that a study for the exact location that I am looking for is available. I will follow froude's suggestion and see if I can get a copy of the FIS Data.

Thanks everyone.

deejay,

Just so you know, FEMA graciously takes their time to fulfill these data requests (I've waited up to a few months before).

I don't know what part of the country you are in, but you may not want to hold your breath for a HEC-2 model either. I've found that many times, they will *kindly* send you PDF copies of the HEC-2 file. Something is better than nothing, I suppose. That may just be how it is for my area (for whatever the reason).

Good luck, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back