Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heirarchy Numbers in Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLATBED

Mechanical
Feb 2, 2011
US
Heirarchy numbers? I have generated multiple sub assemblies that can be configured using the equation editor portion of the program. I would like to combine those assemblies to make a larger assembly that can make all of the sub assemblies adjust using the equation editor in the main level. I found that the equations generated in the sub assemblies do not follow them into the larger assembly. I also found that the Hi#'s change on the individual components. Is their a identifier that does not change when loading a sub assembly into a larger assembly? Or is their an option or setting that will maintain the Hi# between assemblies. I can copy the equations from the sub assy's and paste them in the overall assy without much trouble. If I change the prescript on the governing dimensions to match the new assembly prefix it will adjust the dimensions of the sub assembly without much difficulty. However all of the suppress/unsuppress commands do not work because they have the wrong Hi#'s. Ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back