Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Helical Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

leggettmatt

Bioengineer
Oct 17, 2012
US
Hello,

I'm trying to perform a helical cut through the length of a tube with a very thing profile. Attached is the sketches I have but when trying to build out the part it won't let me. Some of the information regarding the cut:

Pitch = .1mm
Thickness of cut =.0001"
Length of tube = .6mm
OD=.0255"
ID=.023"

I would like the sketch to have the pitch be parametrically driven by the pitch of the cut if at all possible.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure how to do this. I tried selecting the helix and clicking convert entities and it didn't work. I apologize if this is rudimentary, for some reason I don't know this.

This is very strange. I've never had to convert a helix to a 3D sketch in order to use it in a sweep. The profile is so tiny that it is causing some weird stuff. If I change the dimension from .0001" to .00041" it works with the existing helix and profile. However, if the profile dimension is .000391" or less it will not work unless the helix is converted to a 3D sketch.

- - -Updraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back