Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hello All, Is it possible to revert 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul Berame

Automotive
Jan 12, 2023
SG
Hello All, Is it possible to revert a CATIA release after you accidentally open and saved the file into a higher release. Example: Orginal file is R20 the you accidentally opened & saved it into R22. How to revert file back to R20? Thank you in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you MKEdits for the prompt response. Anyway, is it possible to add macro to display a window box prompting the Catia Release, you are opening. For Ex: "The CATIA file you are opening is Release R20, are you sure to continue opening it with current release you are using? A YES & NO options appears. In this case, this will help us to minimize the error of overwriting the file with wrong CATIA release. Thank you!

It's not just a macro, it sounds more like "start option" which check current license for release. Search for some launch options through internet because I didn't work on such things yet.

Regards,
M

To the question about prevention: In my company we have done a few things to prevent this problem from occurring. (Yes, I've been bit by it also)

1) Launch your program with unique shortcuts and environments for each customer. This unique environment also includes a unique background image for said customer. The environment also includes an edited "Catia.catnls" file that states the program version in the Program Title section.
Catia_catnls_Edited_Titles_tsep3r.png

2) Use a PLM system to manage your files; and have your system track the CATIA version and prevent overwriting with the wrong version.

Raul Berame, i assume MarkAF meant all environments that are provided by customer, if you work in automotive for some big brands, they have customized overlay to work on. So this overlay inlcudes unique shortcuts and environments so also you can set unique background. For e.g. you work for VW so if you open CATIA VWGRCLite - CATIA environment prepared to work on VW parts, you can set there background saying in the corner what release of CATIA is it.

Regards,
M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back