Help--EXCEL Calc sheets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandan

Chemical
Dec 3, 2003
SG
Dear all,

Is there any sites where i can find excel sheets for vap-liq separator vessel sizing calculations

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Be careful!

I have got a spreadsheet for doing separator vessels and it has a least one error in it.

I refuse to let my young engineers use such spreadheets until they have done the calculations by hand. The aim of this is to get them to think about the magnitudes of the results before hand.

The problem is computers and the internet. There are good things, such as this site particularly the discussion and disemination of information from some of the MVP's. BUT no one has to think about things any more. People can download programs that may be wrong or that are not appropriate in that situation.

Please feel free to take the soap box from me.

I always run the hand calcs first to see if I can depend upon the software calcs. Sometimes the software calcs results force me to revisit my hand calcs and lick wounds there. I find it a good check and balance, and it gives me a good "sense" of the import of what the software calcs are telling me.

But, all in all, I would hate to have to do all those calcs by hand (or slide rule) as I used to do.

rmw

Hi Tickle,
Thnks indeed.. if you can pass on this it wpuld be fine.. mean while i was reading the shell DEP and trying to figure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back