Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help files not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nalves

Mechanical
Apr 18, 2006
PT
Since some time ago, i am can not acces my SW help files. The system is returning this warning message:

"Could not open help file. Please tcheck that your system has suficient memory"

I din't make any relevant change in my system (no programs installed or changed),and i have just reinstaled SW (version 2005). I also use CosmosWorks and the help files button doesn't work to. however the message only appears in SW FeautureManager Design tree!

Does anyone nows a cure? Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is in the SW KBA you should look there. Just type in the message and tada the answer.

Question:
When accessing the SolidWorks Help files, the error "Could not open help file, please check that your system has sufficient memory" displays. Why?

Answer:
This is caused by a system DLL not being registered on the machine. Please go to the following Microsoft Security Bulletin to download and install the necessary update to register this DLL file and run the Help files without any risk to security:

Alternatively, there is a quick method that can resolve the issue in some cases:

The .DLL that is affected by the security patch is "itss.dll". Registering this DLL manually should allow the Help files to open without issue. To register this file:

1. Open a command prompt (Start>Run type CMD, hit ok)
2. type the following command: regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\itss.dll
3. Press Enter. A message should be returned saying that the operation succeeded.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back