Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help How to analyze (quasi-static method) a cross bracing in Abaqus....

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxwolf2011

Civil/Environmental
Aug 1, 2012
CH
Hi
I have a very important question about Abaqus, I wanted a quasi-static method to analyze the cross bracing(Two-dimensional).
The loading protocol consisted of 6 cycles at 0.375%,0.50%, and 0.75% drift, followed by four cycles of 1% drift, and finished with two cycles of 1.5%, 2%, 3%, and 4% drift. The drift angle was selected as the governing parameter for this protocol. The load was applied in a quasi-static manner, at a rate of 51 mm (2.0 in.) per minute.
My question that What step should I do with this analysis and How do I introduce drift and cycles in the abaqus? I also have two different Figures of the time history,Which Figure should I introduce in abaqus?what Mean is "time(step)" in this figure?How can I convert "time(step)" to the time in seconds ?
thanks
max

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You mention 6 cycles of loading, which, it seems from ghraf_2, is displacement controlled loading. Correct? What are you measuring as your output? Is drift your output? What is drift? Its got to be some measure of loading but the unit is in percentage. Send a good link, if you find it more convenient.

hi
6 cycle or 4 cycle and..of loading relate to ghraf-1 and is displacement controlled loading. Drift is the deflection of the wall at story (i) minus the deflection of the wall at story (i-1), divided by the height of the wall at story i.

(Δi - Δi-1)/hi

This is commonly expressed as a fraction of the span (h), such as 1/400*span, or as the drift angle,

arctan((Δi - Δi-1)/hi)

ghraf-2 show the Actuator displacement time history and ghraf-1 show The SAC loading protocol. my outputs are drift,displacment,base shear cable force,strain,stress...
My question that What step should I do with this analysis,static or direct cycle or ...which? How do I introduce drift and cycles in the amplitude abaqus? according to ghraf-2, How can I convert "time(step)" to the time in seconds ?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back