Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help in postprocessing temperature data

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulis

Chemical
May 31, 2008
DE
Dear all,

I would like to know if someone could help me!!! I am working in a food thermal analyses in ABAQUS and I want to use the temperatures from nodes in order to calculate this.

Pv = dt.(10 ^((tempnode-70)/10))

Pv= pasteurization value or lethality

Then I have to find the node with the min value of Pv

I have no idea to do it! Is there in Abaqus any place to calculate this? or do I have to programe it

Thanks

paula

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can probably use a subroutine, but it might be easier just to write out the results/temperatures to the dat file and then cut and paste into a spreadsheet.

corus

Thanks corus , but I have to extract 30.000 nodes!
how about creating a field output? do you know about it?
Thanks
Paulis

Temperatures are output as a field output by default in a thermal analysis. Surely, though, the minimum pv occurs for the minimum value of temperature and hence you can find that value on the contour plot? In addition you can also create a new field variable in Viewer based upon your formula and then plot pv as a new field variable. I'm not sure what dt is though, time step?

corus

Hello!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, but I never made a new field variable, could please guide me? I found a way to make it but i think it´s not the right: I open and create xy-data manager where i can write the function but it´s for only one node, I would like to extract all nodes in one variable or set and then put it and evaluate the function.Is it that posible???

paula

I would recommend that you read the manual. Start by searching for "create field variable". You will, hopefully, find your way to the CAE users manual, section 24.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back