Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerAndrew

Petroleum
Nov 12, 2012
US
Hi I am new here and have a question I am hoping one of you guys or girls can help me with. Ok, I work for a supply company and have a customer (BP) who was requesting the following:

Beam, W12 x 26 A131 DH36 / A-633 Gr C (ABS Mill Certified)

well of course they do not make beam out of that material. Now my task is to find a viable subsitute material. Can any of you help me by suggesting a substitute material for A131 DH36 / A-633 Gr C, that they actually make beam out of? Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tell BP that the item is not available.

"People will work for you with blood and sweat and tears if they work for what they believe in......" - Simon Sinek

Yes they are aware that it is not available. My question is what type of material would be a good substitute to replace what they were requesting? Something that is made into beams.

"Grades C and D provide a minimum yield point of 50ksi [345MPa] in thicknesses up to 2.50 in. [65mm], inclusive and 46ksi [315MPa] in thickness over 2.50 in. to 4.0 in. [65mm to 100mm], inclusive. "

That website seems to suggest that A992 Grade 50 might be what you're looking for.
Why not call and discuss it with them.

"People will work for you with blood and sweat and tears if they work for what they believe in......" - Simon Sinek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back