Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Menu and toolbar displays hidden, cannot reactive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonWD

Mechanical
Feb 28, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me trouble shoot this because at the momment draftsight is the only 2D software I have available to me in the office.

This morning I was working on Draftsight and it was functioning just fine. No glitches or problems. I worked on a different task for about 45 min. and I cam back to Draftsight again and I discovered that I had no toolbars, no menu bar, nothing. No, it is not just in fullscreen mode either. I see no decernable way to get the menu bar or tool bars active again. Right clicking in the normal menu bar space only brings up a check box list for: Properties, Command Window, Options Toolbar, Tool Matrix, References, Lighting, Home. None of which really help me because these are useless without a means to interact with the drawing. In short, it seems like I'm in a "Preview Mode" of some sort where it's just showing the drawing without any interface. Normally with most programs there's a shortcut key to get your menus back though!

I have rebooted my machine multiple times, and I have even gone as far as to unintall Draftsight, reboot, and reinstall again with no luck.

My only guess is that I hit the magic combination of shortcut keeps that hid everything?

Anyone have any ideas for fixing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back