Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help needed in EXTRUDE CUT over non planar surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tha nk you so much for your reply. it will be really helpful if you can suggest some video tutorials. i am new to solidworks. I have a doubt as well. The triangular hole hole needs to be drilled in thew bone model as well. I am not able to perceive the idea on how to do it in the bone model. Thank you once again.

First create a " nail " part. Look for the Indent feature - Indent allows you to insert the " nail " body then remove the solid surrounding the " nail". You could then < delete body >the nail body. This will leave a conformal cut of the nail. Then create an Assembly and insert the nail part into the indented cavity. Alternatively, search for the Combine feature ( to combine - subtract) the nail body. You will need to create planes that allow you to control precise placement of the nail body in either case.

Do " solidworks - combine or indent and assembly on YouTube.

Indent... I always forget about Indent. Indent for a new user might a little advanced, because I still sometimes fight using that tool, buts great when I can make it work.

If your new to SW, then like rbpmc said search youtube, google, etc... or check out the mysolidworks.com and the Solidworks Forum per their offical website there is a lot of helpful info.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

I'm having a similar issue. I want to place a counterbored hole thru a part at an angle (not normal to the surface). I can't figure it out. I also am new to solidworks but not to parametric modeling. I know how to do this in Inventor.

John Acosta, GDTP S-0731
Engineering Technician
Inventor 2013
Mastercam X6
Smartcam 11.1
SSG, U.S. Army
Taji, Iraq OIF II

John,
Create a plane perpendicular to the angle you need, then use the hole wizard to create the hole.
You could also create a plane at the angle needed, create a profile sketch of the holes and then use the revolved cut feature.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWE
My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back